Do you have an SME business that needs to increase customer engagement, gain some traction, leads and create loyal customers for growth?
Going digital should be a part of an SMEs strategy to advertise and attract customers, establish a loyal relationships with them and brand your business with a credible and trustworthy image.
While anyone can ‘do social media’; doing it the right way is actually what gets you the best results.
Here are some tips and advice on how to fuel your social media campaigns and use the marketing tool for the best results.
Do the Audience Check
Planning and identifying your audience is super important, regardless of organic promotion or paid ads on social media. Do a detailed analysis of who your target market is, what kind of products or services are they expecting and how you can create a brand personality, voice and identity around it.
Consistency is Key!
NEVER start social media marketing without a well thought-out strategy in place. You see, every business is different, and there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to building an effective social media campaign.
However, one thing that is quite important is making sure that your strategy aligns your different social media vehicles in one direction. Use the platforms together – for example:
• Share a post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram and add a link to your website to drive maximum traffic to your website and get valuable leads.
• Similarly, have prominent buttons for social media on your website so those who visit can connect with these platforms. A lot of people look for reviews and following on these pages to judge the credibility of a brand. You can also integrate live feeds of Twitter etc. for a quick sneak peek of what your company is up to on a daily basis.
• Your blog should become your voice that the people can relate to– add informative articles, recent happenings, fresh news as well as tips, how-to’s and answers to most frequently asked questions to Keep your audience engaged.
• Use your blogs as an opportunity to add a Call to Action on every post. This can be following you on social media, giving you a call to find out more about your services, link to other pages and featured services or even directing people to download any publications or eBooks.
• Churning out fresh content weekly with industry relevant keywords will also help your SME business rank high on search engines.
• Don’t forget to add ‘Share’ Buttons on every blog post you publish! Interesting content will get you more traction and every share would provide an opportunity to get connected to a wider scope of audience.
Tools that can help you Nail Social Media on a Budget
Even if you don’t have a huge marketing budget, these tools can make your life a lot easy and help streamline your social media strategy in the right direction.
• HootSuite or Buffer – Schedule posts, updates and interesting news to keep your audience engaged! These tools let you post on multiple forums at once and schedule your campaign at peak activity times so you can focus on what you do best – building your business!
• Mailchimp – Send out important updates, newsletters, special offers and announcements to your loyal customers as well as prospective audience to create a buzz!
• Google Adwords and Keyword Planner – Get your website found on the internet and attract relevant traffic for better results!
• Picmonkey and Canva – Create collages and beautiful social media posts using preset templates. Customise these according to your target market and get ready to go viral!